Thursday, January 15, 2015

Black Lives Matter (Current Event)

   This is a article about 'Black Lives Matter' protesters still protesting in the middle of Interstate 93 northbound. And they blocked the interstate 93 southbound. Also this happended this morning. And the Massachusetts State Police is trying their best to end the protest. I got this from an online source, from the Worcester News website. This article has really caught my attention and made me want to read more about it.
   I agree on what the protesters are doing, but then again I see what the Massachusetts State Police are also trying to do. I like how the protesters are protesting about our Black race and how we are being killed by the white police and how white people are getting away with worst things. I completely understand that and this is something that is a start for people to finally say something about this and that we want a serious change to the would. However I do see what the police is trying to do and that is to stop the traffic. In my opinion they respect that they are protesting for to something important, but they are just doing their job and trying to have no traffic here. And they want them to protest at least on a side walk, where it is not causing traffic.
   I feel in between by reading this article for two reasons. One reason is because I would protest if I was older and for the right reasons. But I also would not want to go to jail for blocking and causing traffic. I did learn something new b by reading this article. I learned that there are people out here, other than black people who care about our race. And that's a good feeling because I used to feel like no one cares about my race.
   I feel more informed about what is going on in my area. And that to me is good because I didn't know that this was happening in my state. And it is always nice to know that my state is doing something right and try to have people see and hear the truth and reality when it comes to justice and race. This article didn't really inspired me, but in a way it kind of did inspired me. It didn't because I probably wouldn't join that protest and won't say nothing about it. But it kind of did inspired me because it proves that you should always fight for what is right and never give up on that until you are heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment