Natasha Bailey
9/22/14
Current Event Article
In this article, I found out some real interesting things that are shocking and sad. I saw on the website, ABC 7 Chicago, that four children got killed in a fire. And two adults were just hurt and got put into the hospital. And may I say, that in this website im sad for the lost of the children but I am disappointed at the two adults who were hospitalized. And I was proud of the lady who called for help.
In my strong opinion, I think that the two adults who jumped off the third floor of the building were kind of focusing on themselves. Instead of the four children who were in need of help. I feel that way because one of them could have called for help, while the other person could have tried their hardest to save the children. Also I feel that the lady who called for help is a good hero. Not a lot of people like to help others when they are in need. Some people today could have saw that and walked away like as if nothing is happening. And I feel bad that the family and friends who knew these four children, now have to live with this tragedy.
This article taught me that anything could happen to you at any moment, even if its death. You got to be able to be ready at all times for anything. I believe that no one should ignore the news because you never know if it could be your family member or friend who got hurt. And I feel like in school we should watch the news for thirty minutes, to show that there are more and bigger problems that are happening around the world. Other than a bad break up or fights in school. Or other than people having a competition to see who has the best shoes. People need to know what happens in the world. Not just in our town or state too, but in other states as well.
By reading this interesting article, I definitely feel more informed about what is going on in the nation. And I don't want just myself to feel more informed, I want everyone also. Because even though its not a family member or friend of ours, its someone else's. And they feel really sad and hurt. Andi feel like everyone should be there for each other.
http://abc7chicago.com/news/4-children-killed-in-roseland-fire-2-adults-hospitalized/299096/
No comments:
Post a Comment